Loading, please wait.
- Will MultiChoice introduce a dual view HD PVR in the future?
- Will I pay extra for HD content?
- What is the warranty on the HD PVR?
- Explain the safety net option for recording on the HD PVR?
- Does the HD PVR also have a 2 hour buffer?
- If I have the SD PVR and HD PVR do I need a new smartcard for the SD PVR?
- What do I do with my existing decoder? (I have a 1110 decoder)
- Should I replace my current SD PVR with the HD PVR?
- What are the key differences between the current PVR (now known as the SD PVR) and the HD PVR?
- How do I do a reset to factory defaults on the DStv HD Decoder?
- What does the HD PVR offer?
- What is HD?
- Can the SD PVR be upgraded to receive the HD content?
- Does the HD PVR come with a HDMI cable?
- What are the outputs and inputs on the HD PVR?
- What is a HD 'Ready' TV?
- What do I need to watch HD content?
- How much is the HD PVR?
- Which is the best HD TV to buy – LCD or Plasma?
- If the TV set is marked as “HD compatible”, is it suitable for viewing HD content?
- Are you going to publish a list of compatible TVs on your website?
- Can I watch HD content on my current, non-HD TV?
- I have a non-HD TV, Will I still be able to get the surround sound on the HD content?
- Does viewing on a HD TV connected to a HD PVR mean that I am watching High Definition content?
- Do the existing remote controls work with the HD PVR?
- What size hard drive do the HD PVRs have?
- Why isn’t the HD PVR a dual view decoder?
- Does the HD PVR have series recording?
- If I need to cancel my PVR subscription, can the HD PVR be used as a single view decoder?
What are the key differences between the current PVR (now known as the SD PVR) and the HD PVR?
SD PVR: View and record SD content.View 2, record 1 channel simultaneously. Record up to 80 hour of SD programming. Pause Live TV for up to 2 hours. Rewind Live TV up to 2 hours. The buffer is cleared when you view a recording. i-Plate displays information for the next 3 programmes. Slow Motion playbackFull TV Guide (including searches). No Favourite Channels functionality. Trip over unwanted or unavailable channels when channel surfing. DStv on Demand (VOD) – launched 1 August. Subtitles. Full interactive services (example : SuperSport Active, News24, Weather24) on TV1.Multi Unit Dwelling installation support. NO SaTCR (satellite channel router) support. XtraView capable (can only be paired with HD PVRs and only as secondary decoder). 2 LNB inputs. HD PVR: View and record SD and HD content, View 1, record 2 channels simultaneously, Record up to 150 hours of SD programming (if recording only HD content, you can record up to 50 hours), Pause Live TV for up to 2 hours, Rewind Live TV up to 2 hours or up to previous channel change, The buffer is not cleared when you view a recording. i-Plate displays information for the next 24 hours of programmingSlow Motion playback, Personalised TV Guide (no searches), Full Favourite Channels functionality, Create your own personalised bouquet with only your favourite channels, Not available (1), Subtitles not available at launch (2), SuperSport Active available now. Other interactive services will follow soon (3), NO support for Multi Unit Dwelling installations (2), SaTCR (satellite channel router) support, Fully XtraView capable.4 LNB inputs.