Loading, please wait.
- Will MultiChoice introduce a dual view HD PVR in the future?
- Will I pay extra for HD content?
- What is the warranty on the HD PVR?
- Explain the safety net option for recording on the HD PVR?
- Does the HD PVR also have a 2 hour buffer?
- If I have the SD PVR and HD PVR do I need a new smartcard for the SD PVR?
- What do I do with my existing decoder? (I have a 1110 decoder)
- Should I replace my current SD PVR with the HD PVR?
- What are the key differences between the current PVR (now known as the SD PVR) and the HD PVR?
- How do I do a reset to factory defaults on the DStv HD Decoder?
- What does the HD PVR offer?
- What is HD?
- Can the SD PVR be upgraded to receive the HD content?
- Does the HD PVR come with a HDMI cable?
- What are the outputs and inputs on the HD PVR?
- What is a HD 'Ready' TV?
- What do I need to watch HD content?
- How much is the HD PVR?
- Which is the best HD TV to buy – LCD or Plasma?
- If the TV set is marked as “HD compatible”, is it suitable for viewing HD content?
- Are you going to publish a list of compatible TVs on your website?
- Can I watch HD content on my current, non-HD TV?
- I have a non-HD TV, Will I still be able to get the surround sound on the HD content?
- Does viewing on a HD TV connected to a HD PVR mean that I am watching High Definition content?
- Do the existing remote controls work with the HD PVR?
- What size hard drive do the HD PVRs have?
- Why isn’t the HD PVR a dual view decoder?
- Does the HD PVR have series recording?
- If I need to cancel my PVR subscription, can the HD PVR be used as a single view decoder?
What does the HD PVR offer?
The HD PVR allows you to view one channel, while recording two other channels simultaneously. Plus : Record 150 hours of Standard Definition TV (almost double the SD PVR) or 50 hours of HD TV . Pause live TV programming . Rewind programming, Fast forward and slow-motion programming you have recorded, Access a 24 hour i-Plate , Surround Sound capability, XtraView capability. The HD PVR also introduces a "Favourite Channels. If you select your favourite channels, you get : A personalised TV Guide, listing the schedules for just those channels. A personalised viewing environment (like the current bouquets on other decoders) which includes only your selected channels. This means when “surfing” through the channels, you only see the channels you have selected, so no more hopping over unwanted or unavailable channels. A Favourite Channels Grid – similar to the existing channel grid, but listing only the channels you selected, making it easier to tune between channels.