Loading, please wait.
- How much extra do I need to pay for the XtraView subscription?
- What makes XtraView different from the Dual View system?
- Which are the decoder models that are XtraView capable?
- Why is the 1110 + SD PVR combination not offered for the XtraView solution?
- Will future models of decoders have XtraView capability?
- Which customers qualify for the XtraView solution?
- Which bouquets are not applicable for the XtraView solution and why?
- What are the benefits of XtraView?
- How many viewing environments will I have with XtraView and how many channels will I be able to record?
- What do I need in order get XtraView?
- What is the “24 hour i-Plate”?
- What happens if I want to keep my existing smartcard for XtraView?
- How do I get a new smartcard for XtraView?
- Will I be able to use my current decoder to access XtraView?
- Do I need another installation to access XtraView?
- If I already have a DSD1110 do I need to buy a new one to get the feature?
- Can I use my current remote control with XtraView?
- Will there be a difference in XtraView subscription for a customer who has an SD PVR and a HD PVR vs. one with two DSD1110s?
- How much does XtraView cost?
- Is XtraView available for commercial subscription?
- How much more will I be billed for XtraView if I connect more decoders?
- Can I have more than 1 XtraView product leaded to my account?
- How will Decoder Care Contracts work with XtraView?
- Why did MultiChoice choose such a complex process for activating XtraView?
- What is the XtraView "heartbeat"?
- What happens if the XtraView “heartbeat” is interrupted or lost?
- What is a XtraView compliant installation?
- How do I know if I need a new smartcard?
- What is XtraView?
- Why do I need to swap my smartcard?
- How will I know if I need new software?
Why do I need to swap my smartcard?
Older smart cards do not have the necessary technology to support the XtraView solution.Please verify your smartcard model by checking the bottom left hand corner of your actual smartcard. It should say Zeta +2. This is the correct smartcard version. Mostly smartcards in decoders purchased after April 2008 should be XtraView capable, however we recommend that you follow the above process to be sure. Alternatively you can download the latest XtraView software on your decoder, then on your DStv remote control press: Menu, 1 Information Central, 8 XtraView: the message will read ‘Requires Smartcard Upgrade’ if you need a new version smart-card, The complex nature of the XtraView solution requires a slightly more sophisticated smartcard.